The Indian Premier league is by all accounts a billion dollar enterprise that seems to be getting bigger and better every year. The stakeholders just love the playing seasons of April & May when much of the action is covered in this circuit.
From a domestic perspective everything that is concerning cricket has kind of got a pimp-up because of the Indian Premier League, in this blog I am just going to talk about the grounds and also give an input on which are the best grounds where one can watch and enjoy the IPL games.
The Indian Premier league is going to be played across India and will involve matches played in various grounds being:
- M. A. Chidambaram Stadium. ( Home ground of Chennai Super Kings)
- Wankhede Stadium. (Home ground of Mumbai Indians)
- Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium. (Home ground of Pune warriors)
- Eden Gardens. (Home ground of Kolkata Knight Riders)
- PCA Stadium.( Home ground of Kings XI Punjab)
- M. Chinnaswamy Stadium. (Home ground of Royal Challengers Bangalore)
- Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium.
- Feroz Shah Kotla.( Home ground of Delhi Dare Devils)
- ACA-VDCA Stadium.
- Sawai Mansingh Stadium.(Home ground of Rajasthan Royals)
- Barabati Stadium
- HPCA Stadium
From a Fan’s entertainment perspective I would say having visited Wankhede Stadium, especially if you can get seats in the Vijay Merchant stand it’s a dream come true; me and friends had a tremendous experience when we had gone there to witness a test match between India and the West Indies. I mean it was not a crowded day, but the experience was FANTASTIC!!
Of course the Subrata Roy Sahara Stadium is also a fantastic venue to feast on the IPL matches, then of course we have the epic Eden gardens stadium, which when filled to capacity should resemble the Roman’s gladiator arenas.
But looking at frenzy and patriotism being created, in my humble opinion ‘whistle podu’ team of Chennai seem to have carried their energetic flavor to M. A. Chidambaram Stadium as well. It’s a fan’s treat to be dressed in the infectious sea of yellow background. A lot of credit has to be given to the franchise owners as well, who have a played a role in making this ground numero Uno among the fans.