Here are a few reasons why I feel I did the right thing :-
- India’s Current Account Deficit in July 2013 (21,772) , CAD in July 2015 (6200) crore.
- BSNL from loss of 7884 Cr loss in 2013 to profit of Rs.672 cr profit in 2015
- Housing & Urban Poverty Min approved construction of 2,28,204 houses for urban poor
- Cities across India are working on designing their own smart cities
- Taking the first step towards making India truly accessible, all international airports, 75 railways stations and 5,000 public buildings in the major cities will be made disabled-friendly by July.
- India won’t need coal imports by 2017 !!
- First AMRIT outlet opened at AIIMS for selling life saving drugs at 50-60% cheaper prices than the retail market, will cover 202 Cancer, 186 Cardio-Vascular drugs and 148 types of cardiac implants
- GRAMEEN VIDYUTIKARAN – Track in real time as the Government of India electrifies every single one of our villages
- Foreign direct investment ( FDI) in India increased by 15% in the first six months of the year to $20.5 billion with services, construction and IT the main recipients.
- Economic output to grow by 7.3% this year -a similar rate to last year but based on firmer foundations because of stronger investment growth., while China is struggling at 6 or sub-6 percentage
- India is less corrupt than China for the first time since 1997
- Life’s back in life insurance grows 21% in April-October. Insurers on growth track after 2 years
- For the first time, direct payment of a sugarcane production subsidy to farmers has been approved, some payments were pending from 2011
- CCEA cleared big-ticket railway projects adding up to nearly Rs 10,000 crore of investment
- 10% stake sale in Coal India, an IPO at Cochin Shipyard & a five-year interest subsidy scheme to boost sagging exports.
- Modi has quietly unveiled a $1.5B dev. package for Andaman+ Nicobar islands, meant to turn Port Blair into “a hub of the ship repair industry”
- 53 lac people have availed loans of upto Rs. 50000 under MUDRA, totalling 9510 crores and 10 lac people availed loans of 50k to 5 lacs , approx 20000 crores under MUDRA
- Modi govt sets ball rolling, to reboot 34 stuck road plans worth Rs 35,000 crore
- ED attached NCP MLA’s Rs170cr property in Mumbai for money laundering, CCI slapped Rs 258 cr penalty on IndiGo, SpiceJet & Jet Airways
- Deposits have crossed Rs 26,000 crore in Jan-Dhan accounts.
- 90% of Government schools now have separate toilet for girls
- Hiring activity sees 26% growth in October
- India Moves Up in World Bank’s Ease of Doing Business List
- Close to 10,000 crores of black money recovered and brought back in to the country.
Lastly I want Modi to continue focusing on the economy, creating jobs and get the country back on track.
Written By – PRANAB CHATURVEDI